Thursday, June 6, 2013

Nature Scrapbook Layout

I recently used my iPhone to photograph the roses in my front yard. While playing with different filters for my photos, I found one that brought out colors that reminded me of the Diane collection. So, I printed my favorite shot and created this layout:



Inspired by the watercolor-like designs in the Diane collection, I used mists to paint a watercolor background for my page. I layered vellum and my favorite Diane papers as a photo mat, tucking in a Diane tag for a burst of orange.



To add a bit of gold glamour, I used the gold washi tape from the Holiday Traditions line (along with a striped washi from my own supplies). I also used the glitter dots from the Holiday Traditions line to accent my mist splatters.



I cut die-cuts and my title from gold foil cardstock. I love how easy it was to add a metallic touch to the Diane collection.



I found a quote I liked to use as journaling, and added a location and date for personal detail.





I think this is my favorite project with the Diane collection to date! Now, to find more beautiful flowers to photograph....

Tessa

No comments:

 

newsletter | shop sei

Free Blog Counter

Pin It button on image hover