Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Paper Dolls with Tin and Card

Is anyone else just a tad jealous of Jennifer's daughter? Jennifer just has to be one of the coolest moms with all of these sweet projects: a mailbox for love notes, special bookmarks, and now THIS!



"My daughter loves all things girly. I made this for her, hoping it could be (at least some of the time) an alternative to television and video games."



"I covered a tin inside and out with papers from the Vanilla Sunshine collection. I then went to work making the dolls using my Sihouette digital cutter."


"The fabric swatches from the collection cut like a dream with my Silhouette! I was so excited to make very realistic looking dresses and skirts using the swatches. The dainty prints are perfect! Some outfits were embellished using elements from the same collection. And, of course, I had to add some pearls to my little dolls."



"I made a matching card so that I can give this to her on her as a sweet surprise."

3 comments:

Mommy Sauri~ said...

very creative. I agree...I'd love to receive surprises like these too!

Mommy Sauri~
http://casadesauri.blogspot.com

Phyllis Beaver said...

So cute! Wish I had some granddaughters along with my adorable grandsons! Such a great idea! Nice job!

Anonymous said...

Could you tell me where you got the cutting file for the dolls. I would love to make some for my grandaughters.
Brenda
mourits6@msn.com

 

newsletter | shop sei

Free Blog Counter

Pin It button on image hover